Learn Homeowner Tips for Saving Time & Money
from Home Improvement Expert Tina Gleisner
When you buy a house, you don’t get an owner’s manual. So most homeowners don’t know what home maintenance they need, or how to budget for major expenses like a new roof. There’s lots of information available from books, magazines, television and the Internet but it can be overwhelming and finding trusted resources is a challenge.
Tina Gleisner wants to change this by educating homeowners on home maintenance strategies, and budgeting for home renovations and remodeling projects.
- Homeowners should consider the true cost of home ownership, to avoid buying more house than they can afford.
- A home management strategy and budget, can save homeowners time and money when they prepare for major renovations.
- Understanding home maintenance priorities, enables homeowners to minimize repairs costs.
- In our consumer driven economy, advertising drives us to overspend on many things. That’s why it’s important to research what’s important to you, and the return on investment (ROI) you’re likely to get for popular remodeling projects.
Tina’s experience also includes running a handyman business for 8 years (more than 2,000 homeowners), and helping hundreds of homeowners find solutions to problems and projects. She’s passionate about empowering women to create the home of their dreams, and build financial security through home ownership.
- The True Cost of Home Ownership – Too many homeowners buy houses based on the financing they can get. But banks only look at monthly mortgage, taxes and insurance expenses. Home buyers owners forget the added costs of home ownership, from heating/cooling a larger home, maintenance and budgeting so they’re prepared when they need a new refrigerator or furnace. This presentation provides a framework for preparing your homeowner budget.
- The ABCs of Home Maintenance and Repairs – Very few homeowners understand how a home is built or how to maintain it. A home owners manual would be great but your home doesn’t come with one. Learn why home maintenance saves you money, and learn the tools you need to effectively manage your home.
- Rediscover Your Dream Home – It’s easy to dream about Cinderella’s castle and much more difficult to define what’s really missing in your home. Your home should be about your lifestyle today and in the future, providing you with the space and functions to help you … raise your children, care for elderly parents, work at home and many other activities. We provide several exercises to help you identify the changes you can make to create your dream home.