Tips for a Low Cost Bathroom Remodel
and How to Stay on Budget
Bathrooms are small so it should be relatively inexpensive to remodel your bathroom, right? Wrong. Bathrooms are the most expensive room in a house if you compare the square foot cost. That’s why it’s easy to run over budget.
It takes discipline to plan and manage any remodeling project. In our eBook we’ll show you how to complete your plan for a low cost bathroom remodel. By putting your plan on paper, you’ll actually save money by making trade-offs before you start buying products and materials. Your plan will make it easier to deal with problems you uncover, and you’ll pick the projects you want to handle yourself.
What’s Important in a Low Cost Bathroom Remodel
We want you to love your new bathroom with no regrets about the finished room, or the project costs. But we know you can’t afford everything on your wish list (no one can), so we’ll guide you through a process to identify and prioritize what’s going to make you happiest –without breaking the bank.
Our bathroom planning process will give you a bathroom that’s functional and beautiful. In Low Cost Bathroom Remodeling Tips, we cover all aspects of bathroom design and installation. We’ll make sure your new bathroom includes:
- One of more focal points to make you smile every day.
- Lots of lighting so you enjoy time spent in your new bathroom.
- Ventilation and low maintenance products/materials to keep you healthy.
- Contingency for hidden (or forgotten) problems that need repairs.
- Enough storage for everything you have today, and room to spare.
- … and of course, your basic bathroom features including the sink, toilet and bathtub/shower.
Now it’s true you could figure everything out yourself, with enough time and patience. But who has enough time? Why would you want to discover the right answers through the school of hard knocks? With my Low Cost Bathroom Remodeling Tips, you’ll get the benefit of my experience running a handyman business for 8 years, which included at least 30 bathroom remodels.
What I learned was the more time you invest in planning a project, the less time and money it takes to complete it. In fact some of the planning worksheets are from estimating bathroom remodels for my handyman customers. Most of them wanted to save money by buying all the products themselves. Too often my clients would buy individual items without looking at installation costs or overall budget. Then they’d go over budget and blame me. So I learned to include allowances for every product the homeowner planned to buy, to help them avoid going over budget.
These experiences are what make Low Cost Bathroom Remodeling Tips so valuable, and you’ll remodel like a pro. We’ll cover:
- Typical problems found when remodeling a bathroom.
- What you can and can’t afford with a low cost bathroom remodeling budget.
- Prioritizing and splurging on 1 or 2 bathroom features.
- What to reuse and how to find bathroom bargains.
- When to use a home professional versus doing it yourself.
So why wait any longer? Get started now with the confidence that you can complete your bathroom remodeling project on budget, with great tips on how to make smart decisions that save you time and money.
By investing $27.00, you’ll save hundreds of dollars by avoiding problems and create a bathroom you’ll love for years.